LifeCell cream is a lightweight anti-wrinkle and moisturizing cream that purports to minimize the appearance of wrinkles. This product supposedly packs all the incredible ingredients that make up a good antiaging product. If used daily, this cream is said to enhance your youthfulness.
This product transforms your skin by boosting collagen production, eliminating free radicals, nourishing the skin with vitamins, providing UV protection, and enhancing blood circulation to rejuvenate the skin.
LifeCell may be a great product but it is quite pricey compared to other antiaging creams. It costs $189.00 on Amazon. For that reason, it is better to explore other brands especially if you are on a tight budget. Here are some cheaper LifeCell alternatives:
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair ($17.00)
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair cream is an antiaging cream that contains retinol as its main ingredient. Retinol is considered an antiaging power ingredient that stimulates the production on RetinA via an enzymatic process.
This anti-wrinkle face moisturizer promises to fade stubborn wrinkles such as crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, and cheek wrinkles. The combination of Retinol SA and a Glucose Complex in the formula is claimed to renew the skin fast.
Hyaluronic acid is also present in this product and may work to hydrate and plump the skin. It also features SPF 30 for daily protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Retinol– this is a star ingredient in most anti-aging creams and serums. It works to stimulate collagen production and enhance skin regeneration. Over time, these activities contribute to the smoothing of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars.
In a four-week study by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology the effects of retinol and retinoic acid on the skin structure were compared. The study concluded that both retinoic acid and retinol increased epidermal thickness and upregulated collagen type 1 and collagen type 3 genes.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Max Daily Hydration Crème ($19.95)
RoC Retinol Correxion Max Daily Hydration Crème is an all-in-one hydration cream and wrinkle treatment. It claims to provide a smoother and deeply hydrated look for 24 hours straight as per the manufacturer’s promises.
This product is an intensive antiaging treatment that combines the wrinkle-erasing ability of retinol and hydrating powers of hyaluronic acid. Although it has these powerful ingredients, it is still gentle for daily use.
According to the brand, this product delivers visible results within one week of daily use. By the eighth week, users will notice diminished dark spots as well as deep wrinkles.
Additionally, this cream is non-comedogenic and oil-free which means it may not cause you greasiness or breakouts.
- Hyaluronic acid– this is a natural ingredient that occurs in the body. It works to trap moisture.
In a research reviews by the International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, hyaluronic acid was found to be a promising skin rejuvenating biomedicine. HA formulations were established to have remarkable anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, and face rejuvenating properties.
You may also read on the Alternatives to Dermal Repair Complex
- Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream ($24.93)
The Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream is one of the most hydrating and powerful wrinkle creams in the market. It is a nightly anti-aging product that claims to be scientifically formulated using an amino-peptide complex. It works to regenerate the skin, promote skin elasticity, and accelerate healing.
According to the manufacturer, this overnight rejuvenating cream penetrates the 10 layers of the skin to renew skin cells. It also plumps the skin, leaving it supple and velvety soft.
In addition, this product is fragrance-free, making it suitable for users with allergic reactions towards scented cosmetics. Olay Regenerist is also free from mineral oil, phthalates, and synthetic dyes.
Some of the active ingredients in this night cream are glycerin, niacinamide, panthenol, and tocopheryl acetate.
- Niacinamide– this is a form of vitamin B3 that helps to build proteins in the skin. It also provides protection against free radicals from the environment.
A study by the Journal of Dermatology set to investigate the anti-wrinkle effects of a novel cosmetic with niacinamide and found that 62% of the subjects showed moderate improvement of wrinkles. Topical niacinamide was, therefore, concluded to smooth the surface structure of skin.
- La Roche-Posay Redermic R Anti-Aging Face Cream with Retinol ($49.99)
This cream is another great alternative that features Retinol to promote skin exfoliation and cell turnover effective for antiaging. It also stimulates collagen production.
In addition to combating wrinkles, the La Roche-Posay Redermic R serum also fades dark spots and pigmentation. It is a great formula for all skin types as it is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and contains no parabens.
This product is formulated for normal, mature, and sensitive skin types. According to the manufacturer, this face cream is dermatologist-tested and allergy tested, making it safe for use for users with sensitive skin.
- Vitamin A– this is a fat-soluble vitamin that is mainly associated with vision and eye health. Foods such as eggs, cod liver oil, orange and yellow vegetables and fruits are good sources of vitamin A.
A research study retrieved from the JAMA and Archives Journals tested a lotion containing 0.4% retinol on participants for 24 weeks. The study concluded that wrinkles, roughness, and overall aging severity had improved significantly.
These four cheaper products may be better alternatives to the LifeCell cream as they are from reputable brands that have considerable following. The Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair for instance, has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars out of its 19,079 global ratings from Amazon. 70% of these customers rated it 5 stars.
On its part, LifeCell antiaging treatment has 4 stars from its 879 ratings on Amazon. However, it has lots of negative reviews with consumers claiming that it caused painful side effects yet it claims to be hypoallergenic. Some reviewers claimed it was a rip off as it caused no significant improvements on the skin.
Our cheaper alternatives are all fragrance free and non-comedogenic thus they may work for users with sensitive skin. Therefore, if you are struggling to get a product that will not cause you to breakout, these four products may be what you are looking for. The best part is that you will get them at an affordable price.
- Gary J Fisher, Gopa Majmudar, Louise M Schneider, Rong Kong, Xiaojuan Wang, Yinbei Chen. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2016. “A comparative study of the effects of retinol and retinoic acid on histological, molecular, and clinical properties of human skin.
- Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari, Haroon Habib, Nur Liyana Roswandi, Waqas Muhammad. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2018. “Hyaluronic acid, a promising skin rejuvenating biomedicine” DOI: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.09.188.
- Akira Kawada, Akira Date, Naoki Oiso, Natsuko Konishi, and Shigeru Kawara. Journal of Dermatology. 2008. “Evaluation of anti-wrinkle effects of a novel cosmetic containing niacinamide” Vol 35 (10) p. 637-642
- JAMA and Archives Journals. “Vitamin A helps reduce wrinkles associated with natural skin aging.” ScienceDaily, 22 May 2007.