What are Frown Lines?
With the advancement in age, the body undergoes major changes that eventually display or become evident on the skin.
This is why skin that was once tight, smooth, and firm starts to show aging signs such as wrinkles, under-eye puffiness, crow’s feet, and hyper-pigmentation among others.
Frown lines are forehead wrinkles that appear as either vertical frown lines or horizontal frown lines. The vertical frown lines also known as glabellar lines come from the corrugator supercilia muscles while the horizontal frown lines are caused by the procerus muscles.
Most people seek to get rid of frown lines between eyes so below we elaborate ways to do just that.
Causes of Frown Lines
Although frown lines are usually associated with frowning, there are also other causes for these lines. Frown lines may be caused by;
- Too much frowning– of course, this is the number one reason for these unwanted lines. Over time, constant frowning causes the formation of these forehead wrinkles.
- Advancement in age– with age, important proteins such as collagen and elastin production reduces. This causes the skin to be less flexible and lose its firmness and as a result, wrinkles form.
- Sun damage– going out in the sun without applying sunscreen may also result in the formation of frown lines. According to Clinical Evidence photodamage causes wrinkles.
- Genetics– frown lines may also form due to genetics. If you have family members who developed frown lines early, then you may also get them.
- Smoking– the repeated motion that occurs as a result of smoking a cigarette may cause the appearance of frown lines around the mouth.
- Stress– stress is known to cause wrinkles due to the production of the cortisol hormone. The journal of Inflammation and Allergy Drug Targets claims that cortisol breaks down collagen and elastin which in turn causes the formation of wrinkles.
How to Get rid of Frown Lines between Eyes Naturally?
While frown lines may be an inevitable occurrence in old age, there are natural remedies and lifestyle changes that individuals can observe to get rid of frown lines. Here are some of them;
- Eat Healthy– the answer to smooth, healthy, and youthful skin lies in a healthy diet. This is because a healthy diet nourishes the skin with vital nutrients that improves skin hydration, antioxidant levels, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Drink Plenty of Water– beauty is skin deep and to get this right, the answer is to hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate. Drink up to eight glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated and hydration is a sure way to prevent wrinkles.
- Adequate Sleep– a well-rested skin is not only healthy but also wrinkle-free. By getting enough sleep of up to 7 to 8 hours, you can keep your skin free from wrinkles. According to the Textbook of Aging Skin, getting enough sleep keeps the cortisol hormone in check.
- Use Sunscreen– applying sunscreen during the day is the best way to protect the skin from photodamage. Sun damage causes wrinkle formation over time which is why you should never step out before slathering a layer of sunscreen on your skin.
- Have a skincare routine– the skin needs constant attention if it is to remain healthy and youthful. Follow a skincare routine that entails cleansing, toning, and moisturizing twice daily. Exfoliate twice a week in addition to the daily routines and see the development of wrinkles reducing.
Types of Frown Lines Treatment
There are several frown lines treatments on the market. These forms of treatments may be broadly categorized as either invasive or non-invasive.
Invasive forms of treatment
These are treatments that enter the body through cutting or puncturing the skin. Examples of this include;
- Microneedling– this procedure involves a device that inserts several tiny holes on the skin. As the skin starts to heal, more collagen is produced which has antiaging benefits. In some cases the procedure may involve applying retinol serum over the holes.
- Botox– this is a protein from Botulinum toxin, a bacterium produced from the Clostridium botulinum. So, how to get rid of frown lines between eyes with botox? Botox is usually injected into the skin to stop muscle movement which in turn diminishes the appearance of frown lines. According to the Toxins Journal, although botox is considered safe, it may cause adverse effects.
If interested in this treatment method, you can also check out for how to get rid of frown lines between eyes surgery.
Non-invasive forms of treatment
This category has several options on how to get rid of frown lines between eyes without botox including;
- Antiaging creams– there are various antiaging creams on the market. Some of these creams have been formulated using natural ingredients only. Such creams contain potent ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, peptides, and antioxidants.
- Chemical peel– this procedure entails applying alpha hydroxy acids to the skin. This acid is known to remove the outer layer of the skin. In the process, frown lines and other skin abrasions are also peeled off.
- Facial massage– regular facial massage facilitates blood circulation in the skin. Improved blood flow helps to improve the health of the skin giving it a radiant glow. Additionally, it can help lessen the lines on the face.
- Silicon pads– these pads are usually metal grade and are worn on the face to prevent the muscles from moving. This helps lessen the chance of developing frown lines.
- Retinol– this is a derivative of vitamin A that is used as an important antiaging ingredient. According to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, retinol is an effective antiaging treatment. It is rich in antioxidants which eliminate free radicals which cause the formation of wrinkles.
Should People Stress Over Frown Lines?
Frown lines are normal occurrences that depict the passage of time. Although beauty standards require everyone to be wrinkle free as they age, people should realize that frown lines are perfectly normal.
And for that reason, one can only slow its development using natural methods or get rid of it completely. On how to get rid of frown lines between eyebrows permanently, invasive treatment is the way to go.
Frown lines are among the most disliked facial wrinkles. This is because they appear on the forehead thus are very conspicuous. There are many methods on how to get rid of frown lines between eyebrows uk including natural and lifestyle changes.
People can also opt for treatments that may fade the lines much quicker. Depending on your preference, you can either go invasive or non-invasive. For more information, check out for how to get rid of frown lines between eyebrows Reddit.