Kiehl’s began in 1851 as an apothecary. It is a line of skincare products. The first pharmacy was opened in New York. The founder of this brand is John Kiehl. The founder’s apprentice, Irving Morse extended the pharmacy with various products.
However, because of its “try before you buy” policy made the brand common. It also offers some ingredients with Kiehl’s products. Aaron Morse, Irving’s son joined the brand. He also supported bringing the brand to international recognition. Nowadays, Kiehl’s near me stores around the world are more than 250.
Who Owns Kiehl’s?
Kiehl’s was sold to L’Oreal, the owner of the brand in 2000.
Is Kiehl’s Any Good?
The brand’s products might be best because of its popularity. Customers claim to be active and safe to use. Kiehl promises that its ingredients are naturally-derived. It appeals to various skincare enthusiasts.
Which Kiehl’s Products to Use?
The brand has a general combination of products. It includes Kiehl’s serum, Kiehl’s eye cream, Kiehl’s face wash, and Kiehl’s vitamin c serum. It also contains Kiehl’s hand cream, Kiehl’s lotion, and Kiehl’s toner. The common Kiehl’s products include;
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream-It leaves skin hydrated without looking or feeling greasy. However, is a lightweight Kiehl’s moisturizer.
- Kiehl’s Crème De Corps-It is formulated with beta-carotene and Shea butter. Besides, it is a body lotion that thick.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate –Facial oil is a formulation of Kiehl’s midnight recovery. It includes squalene, primrose oil, and lavender essential oil.
Which Ingredients Are in Kiehl’s?
Some of the ingredients found in kiehl’s best sellers include;
Kiehl’s contains some ingredients such as;
- Jasmonic Acid-It combines derivatives and plant hormones to work as signaling compounds. It helps in plants’ development and regulation of defense. According to the International Journal of Molecular Sciences, It is a stress hormone. Jasmonic acid regulates abiotic stresses(UV radiation) and biotic stresses like pathogen attacks.
- Vitamin E-It is a significant fat-soluble antioxidant. That is generally used in dermatology. Vitamin E is obtained through dietary sources and synthesized by plants. The Indian Dermatology Online Journal claims that it has photo-protective properties. It also acts as a free radical scavenger.
- Coconut Oil- People living in the tropical use Virgin coconut oil. In traditional, they used it as a moisturizer. The Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine claims that it soothes. And also moisturizes the skin.
- Cocoa Butter– This is a general ingredient that is used as an anti-stretch mark. According to the study in International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology revealed that the application of cocoa butter lotion is not effective. It does not decrease the advancement of striae gravidarum.
- Hyaluronic Acid– This is a dense, transparent, and natural component. It is found in every living organism. According to the International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, hyaluronic acid is beneficial. It enhances elasticity and skin hydration. Besides, it diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
Kiehl’s Product Reviews
This brand has positive and negative reviews. Customers loved the kiehl’s eye cream avocado. Since it has hydrating properties. One user claim that when she uses this eye treatment, her dark circles fade. One customer claims that the eye cream was also heavy to balance on the skin.
On Sephora, kiehl’s line reducing concentrate got positive reviews with 3.6 stars. The users were glad that the concentrate left their skin radiant. Besides, decreased their forehead wrinkles.
Some users did not like the product since they got breakouts. kiehl’s calendula toner is receiving 3.8 stars. The toner is claimed to be effective. It helps in moisturizing the skin and not having alcohol. As well as healing red spots. Users did not like it since it includes parabens.
How to use Kiehl’s?
You should read instructions on Kiehl’s products. It helps to know the correct usage. To level the products you use a pro tip from the brand. You should start with the thinnest to the thickest. When using Kiehl’s creamy eye treatment, you should begin with a cleanser, toner, and face serum. And also Kiehl’s eye cream (this is when the eye treatment comes in). And still moisturizer, and a sunscreen.
Are Kiehl’s Products Organic?
The products are formulated by combining natural plant-based remedies with developed scientific technology. Some reviewers claim that the brand is not completely organic. Since the official website does not deliver the list of all ingredients.
Is Kiehl’s Cruelty-Free?
The brand is under L’Oreal. It does not test its products or ingredients on animals. The company is at the lead in using option methods.
Which Kiehl’s Moisturizer is the Best?
Kiehl’s ultra-facial moisturizer is a good Kiehl’s moisturizer. It is suitable for every skin type. That includes sensitive skin. This one is all-rounded in its use unlike other moisturizers for specific skin types.
Which Kiehl’s Products Are Safe during Pregnancy?
Kiehl’s for acne product is the Ultra Facial Oil-free Gel Cream. It claims to be active for pregnant women. Besides, it does not test products on nursing and expectant women. The brand suggests that pregnant women should consult the doctor before using any of its products.
Where to Buy Kiehl’s Products?
You may purchase kiehl’s products from department stores like Macy’s,. And also online retail stores such as Sephora and kiehl’s store.
Kiehl’s is well-known for more than a century. The company might offer skincare expertise to its user base. Some brand products have bagged industrial awards. An Allure Best of Beauty Award in 2011 was won by Kiehl’s ultra-facial cleanser.
Besides, good sellers, the brand sells additional products. That includes Kiehl’s facial fuel, Kiehl’s for dark spots, and Kiehl’s lip balm. It also contains Kiehl’s glow formula skin hydrator, Kiehl’s avocado eye cream, and Kiehl’s hand salve.
The brands claim not to continue using products like Kiehl’s ultra-facial toner. They include harmful ingredients such as parabens. On its hazard score, The EWG Skin Deep Database awarded Kiehl’s a 5. Under the “moderate hazard classification, the brand falls there.
Because of that, some products might not be proper for people with sensitive skin. Before you purchase the product read the instructions well. People with sensitive skin as well as expectant mothers should consult a doctor first before they use a product. If you find the product ineffective you can look for an option.