What Is Obagi?
Obagi is a center of clinical-quality skin care products produced in the U.S.A. The formulations of medical grade it is created by Dr. Zein Obagi in 1988. The brand is simply available in the network of doctors. Obagi was later renamed after it was sold in 1997. The Obagi previous name was WorldWide Products.
The brand targets its line of products to get all potential of the customer’s skin. It claims the products to be researched scientifically and found to be active on various skin types. It also says to work on hyperpigmentation, acne, and dry and aging skin.
Are Obagi Products any Good?
Following from its customers Obagi products has gained a trustworthy since it has been in the market place for over three decades. This brand is contained in beauty magazines that include Women’s Health, New Beauty, and New You. Obagi products are endorsed by an actress Priyanka Chopra. The customers are willing to buy the Obagi C-RX System again as they claim is effective and gave them youthful appearance.
What Obagi System is Right for Me?
The Obagi’s product serves various purposes and comes in variety kits. These kits are such as;
- Obagi Nu Derm- It aims to reduce signs of aging. It contains exfoliating lotion, a clear, cleanser, and a blender.
- Obagi 360-This system is targeted at younger customers to assist them to keep their young-looking appearance. It includes Hydrofactor Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and an exfoliating cleanser. Besides, a moisturizer with a wide spectrum Obagi Sunscreen,
- Obagi C RX- It also aims at aging signs. The kit contains C-therapy Night Cream, Exfoliating Day Lotion, and Obagi vitamin C. Besides, C-Clarifying serum, Zinc Oxide based sunscreen, and C-Cleansing gel with moisturizer.
- ClenziDerm- This system is designed for people with acne-prone skin. The obagi for acne kit includes a pore therapy cream, therapeutic lotion, and foaming cleanser. Obagi still delivers two procedures in-office; Obagi facial and Obagi blue peel.
Which Obagi system is best for Hyperpigmentation
The best active obagi to remove dark spots is Obagi C RX system. It helps decrease hyperpigmentation besides from aiming aging signs.The regimen includes hydroquinone which is scientifically approved to be effective.
What Ingredients Are in Obagi Products?
The active ingredients in some Obagi products include;
- Benzoyl Peroxide– This component is contained in acne-fighting products. It is broadly used in the management of acne vulgaris. That’s according to a study in The Journal of Dermatology. Benzoyl peroxide has multiple mechanisms of action that include keratolytic and antiseptic effects. Thus is suggested for non-inflammatory and inflammatory acne.
- Glycolic Acid– This component is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) so it is contained in exfoliator products. According to the Molecules journal, this ingredient is an agent of superficial peeling. It enhances keratosis and the appearance of acne in dermatology.
- Vitamin C– When it is used topically, ascorbic acid acts as a skin brightener. According to the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, this component is used in a broad range of medical applications. It is used for photo-protective and anti-aging properties.
- Retinol– The fat-soluble ingredient, which is Vitamin A, is considered a retinoid. It is proven to be an anti-wrinkle agent. t has anti-aging effects as well as enhances the appearance of the skin, according to Advance in Dermatology and Allergology.
- Hydroquinone– This is an active hypopigmented agent as per the Indian Journal of Dermatology. The study recommends that this ingredient is beneficial in fading spots. Though this product includes obagi hydroquinone, the compound has been forbidden in several countries since it is carcinogenic.
What Does Obagi Sell?
The best seller products of Obagi are such as;
- Keraphine Body Smoothing Lotion- Maintains skin soft and smooth.
- Obagi Hydrate Moisturizers- Retain skin hydrated. It is designed with hypoallergenic components.
- Elastiderm Eye Products- It is formulated to remove wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes.
- Retinol- obagi with retinol products has a power rate of 025% to 0.5%.
- Obagi clinical-this skincare product is offered at Sephora.com. They include the following Retinol 0.5 Retexturizing Cream and Obagi vitamin c Eye Brightener.
How Much Do Obagi Products Cost?
Obagi’s medical-grade products are relatively expensive. They include the following cost;
- O Clenzi Derm system- $147.00
- bagi tretinoin cream- $102.00
- Nu derm trial kit- $245.00
- ELASTIderm system- $115.50
- Obagi C RX system- $374.00
The cost of clinical range products at Sephora.com is lower than the medical range.
- Kinetin + Rejuvenating serum- $95.00
- Obagi with retinol5 retexturing cream- $55.00
Is Obagi Cruelty Free?
Who Sells Obagi Products?
The products are sold through medical spas and physicians.
Do Obagi Products Work?
.This skincare product line might work according to users’ reviews. They were happy the product helped them in terms of anti-aging solutions and teenage acne. In addition, they claimed to buy it once more. However, some consumers find the product ineffective. They said it has over-drying ingredients and the high price of the product. One customer said she used obagi to treat melasma, and instead she got an irritation.
.The results of this product vary since individuals have unique skin types. Obagi products are significant in different skin problems ranging from aging signs and acne. The products are generally prescribed by doctors. This makes them more trustworthy compared to other over-the-counter products. On the company’s official website you may get comprehensive ‘obagi how to use’ information. Obagi is it worth it yes; it is safe since this brand has been presented by various beauty magazines.
Besides, some consumers claim they find this product unsatisfying. One user said was irritated on the skin by Nu Derm product. Others stated that the Kinetin + Hydrating Eye Cream did not erase their fine lines. You may also have alternative products in the market if you find Obagi products ineffective.