Tomato is one of the most versatile vegetable available. Packed with numerous vitamins and antioxidants, it promotes overall body health.
In skincare, tomatoes are claimed to clarify, heal, reduce oils on skin, even skin tone, rejuvenate, and provide antiaging benefits.
Apart from these known benefits, tomatoes are also claimed to promote face whitening. Read on to find out more about tomato for face whitening in tamil.
Elements Found in Tomatoes
Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, B1, B3, B5, B6, B9, and C. They also contain antioxidants such as beta carotene, lycopene, and lutein. Minerals present in tomatoes are magnesium and potassium. Vitamin C and lycopene are the main ingredients that steer the skin lightening properties of tomatoes.
Read more about tomato on face skin here…
Vitamin C and Lycopene- How They Work
Vitamin C has multiple benefits on the skin. In skin lightening, vitamin C plays the role of an anti-pigmentation agent as per the Journal of Clinical Aesthetic Dermatology. It works to inhibit the action of enzyme tyrosinase which converts tyrosine to melanin.
Vitamin C’s action therefore, decreases melanin formation. However, there are other topical products that are more effective than vitamin C in melanin suppression such as products containing hydroquinone.
On its part, lycopene is a dietary antioxidant that is known for its photoprotective properties. According to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, lycopene was studied to be one of the most effective oxygen neutralizers. This makes lycopene an important regulator of melanin synthesis.
Does It Work?
Going by scientific evidence, tomato juice for skin whitening may work. However, it may cause some side effects such as irritation, rash, and redness. For this reason, it is better to conduct a patch test first before applying tomato paste on your face.
Also Read: Serums Vs Moisturizers
How to Make Tomato Whitening Face Pack
Tomato and Potato
- Grate ½ potato and squeeze out its juice
- Grate one full tomato and squeeze out its juice
- Mix the two and apply on the face
- Let the first layer sink in then apply the second layer
- Continue layering four to five times then let it dry completely
- Remove with a wet washcloth
Tomato and Honey
- Blend ½ tomato with 1 tablespoon of honey
- Apply the paste on to your face and let it stay for 15 minutes
- Wash off the paste with cold water and pat dry with a towel
Tomato and Sugar for Face Whitening
- Half a tomato and spread a teaspoon of sugar on it
- Gently scrub it all over your face
- Clean with a wet washcloth
- Apply moisturizer
Tomato and Curd for Face Whitening
- Mix 2 tablespoons of tomato paste with 1 tablespoon curd
- Add a few drops of lemon juice
- Apply mixture evenly on your face
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash it off
There you have it, how to make easy tomato whitening face pack with readily available ingredients. If you want a more sophisticated solution, you can purchase a tomato face pack for skin whitening in tamil.
It may be more effective since most are infused with other popular ingredients such as cucumber, turmeric, and sandalwood. But if you don’t mind going simple, it is better to do it yourself because you choose what you put on your face. Plus, isn’t it satisfying to prepare your own face pack?
Be the first to comment